[GNC] v3.5

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 05:16:47 EDT 2019

On Sun, 7 Apr 2019 at 10:11, Graham <graham.balin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Gnus, for a successfully completed first year of use, after
> migrating from Quicken.
>
> The prospect of upgrading to 3.5 scares me witless! Is there an idiot's
> guide, or is it the same as installing in the first place? Presumably I
> just need to ensure safe copies of data files somewhere.

You should make sure you *always* have safe backup copies of your
accounts file, not only when doing an upgrade.  Your disk or computer
may (literally or metaphorically) go up in smoke at any time taking
all your data with it you have not got backups.

The detailed technique for upgrading depends on which OS you are using
and how you installed it in the first place.

Colin