[GNC] two lines for every entry

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Thu Apr 11 03:16:30 EDT 2019

On 4/10/19 11:47 PM, David Cousens wrote:
> Todd,
>
> The conceptual bit behind double entry bookkeeping is that when you charge
> something to your credit card you:
>   1. Increase the balance of your credit card (a credit entry); and at the
> same time
>   2. Increase the balance of an expense account ( a debit entry).

Hi David,

Do I set up two separate accounts for 1 and 2 above?

> Similarly when you pay your credit card you:
>    1 Decrease the balance in your bank account (a credit entryand at the same
> time

Uhhhh.  I pay my card off from all different sources.  I do not
want them linked. I only care that a payment was made.  From
where, I don't care.  I basically want my credit card accounts to be
stand alone.

>    1 Decrease the balance of your credit card account (a debit entry).
>

> As Adrien suggested, reading the introductory material will introduce you to
> the jargon used and provide the necessary background to effectively use
> GnuCash.
>
> David Cousens

Oh no doubt.  The learning curve is going to kill me.

Thank you for all the help,
-T