[GNC] Gnucash Price updating

ronjnk ronjnk at xplornet.com
Wed Apr 10 08:38:30 EDT 2019

Hello to all. I have GnuCash 2.6.15 installed on my MX18 and all works fine
except the Get quotes price updater. I get an error message "There was an
unknown error while retrieving the price quotes." I've toyed with this for
hours and installed everything I could find on the net to no avail.

I can see the finance quote module load at start up but I cannot get a box
to show up to even change my data source. I am a user from long ago and the
program is awesome and the price updater has worked in years past. This is a
new computer and new OS install but I'v tried to confirm I have all modules
installed and as far as I know, everything is in place but won't work.

I also upgraded to a much newer version and not only didn't price updater
not work, the new asset values was completely different from the older
version. I lost money. So I uninstalled and went back to this older version.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I am manually updating about a
dozen quotes.

Thank you! Ron