[GNC] US Bans Free tax Software

Jean-David Beyer jeandavid8 at verizon.net
Thu Apr 11 09:50:39 EDT 2019

On 4/11/19 8:45 AM, Michael or Penny Novack wrote:
> Not how I read that article. It simply said that the IRS could not
> develop/distribute free tax software. It said nothing about whether
> anybody else could do so if they wished. That the government is
> forbidden to do something is very different from saying that an NGO, a
> non-profit, or for that matter a for profit company cannot do so.
>
> There are LOTS of things forbidden to the government, some forbidden by
> the Constitution let alone by statute, that are allowed to persons or
> other entities with "personhood".

 U.S. Constitution - Amendment 10
Amendment 10 - Powers of the States and People

<<Back | Table of Contents | Next>>

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor
prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively,
or to the people.

--
  .~.  Jean-David Beyer
  /V\  PGP-Key:166D840A 0C610C8B