[GNC] n and c?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Apr 11 15:47:25 EDT 2019

Todd,

In one of my lengthy replies, I offered a suggestion to create a generic asset account and use that to make your payments from. This would allow you to still track expenses on the card, but not worry about payment details. (of course, as I also noted, the more info you record now, the easier it will be to adjust those entries in the future should you decide you later want to re-assign the payments to proper real accounts)

Your other issues from what I can tell were with respect to comprehending the labels for the columns. I offered one solution via formal labels and viewing all splits at all times. Another is to never view those splits and leave the informal labels in place. (the default)

A spreadsheet might be just as much or more work. (harder for reporting or else your manual entries can get tiresome and certainly hard to audit)

Regards,
Adrien