[GNC] two lines for every entry

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Thu Apr 11 17:59:34 EDT 2019

On 4/11/2019 3:45 PM, ToddAndMargo via gnucash-user wrote:
> On 4/11/19 5:57 AM, Michael or Penny Novack wrote:
>> Using the d**** thing does require you to understand SOMETHING about
>> double entry bookkeeping because that is what you are doing..
>
> That you for all the help!
>
> Unfortunately, GnuCash is way, way overkill for what I need.
> I am not after using it for bookkeeping.

If you are still here --- maybe you should describe in words what you
ARE trying to do? In other words, what financial information do you want
to keep track of? What sorts of reports about your finances do you want
to be able to produce? The term "bookkeeping" refers to keeping
financial records << before "double entry" there was "single entry" and
in the early days of "double entry" transactions were immediately
recorded against "equity" --- BTW, "early"means hundreds of years ago.

Michael D Novack