[GNC] two lines for every entry

ToddAndMargo ToddAndMargo at zoho.com
Thu Apr 11 19:45:10 EDT 2019

On 4/11/19 4:16 PM, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> So if all of the data is already in your other custom system, why not just add a means for reconciliation to it?

Hi Adrian,

Because my check books (2) and my viva cards (3) are used both
back and forth for business and personal use.

For instance, my electric bill is shared between my home and
my business based on the business percentage use of my home.
One of the bazillion calculations on each line item in the
database.

Often times, I will use my home card to order both business and
home item from Amazon to get free shipping.  Then I have to carve
things up and to what charge goes to where and if sales taxes
were paid of not.

My database, for a payment (parts charges), you enter the date,
what account it came from, and the amount.  It goes into its
own database (table). The charges (parts line items) database
have a zillion fields and  calculations.  The two databases
are "Distributed" and linked together by a common field that
appears in both databases (order sequence number).  You can not
close a purchase order unless charges match payments (and you
filled out the zillion fields correctly).

I can easily print out any of the data, but then again, it
would not contain personal use charges and I do not want
it to.

-T