[GNC] Upgrade 2.6.18 to 3.5

Manfred Usselmann manfred at usselmann.de
Fri Apr 12 03:19:14 EDT 2019

Am 11.04.2019 00:00, schrieb Stephen M. Butler:

> On 4/10/19 10:57 AM, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
>
>> Mileage varies when encountering bugs. If you want to see those known to affect to 2.6.12 you can search the Bugzilla db for that series, and/or time period. (not all bugs were specific to a particular release) *Many* improvements and fixes have been implemented since then.
>>
>> If you only run what is available in the repo, that's the most recent you can run without upgrading Mint itself and until 2020 when the Mint team re-bases their distro to a more modern version of Ubuntu.
>>
>> The latest Mint, 19.1 - Tessa, is based off the Ubuntu 18.04 repositories which contains GnuCash-2.6.19. Tara (Mint 19) and Tessa (19.1) and the rest of the 19 series are supported until 2023.
>>
>> If you want more recent version like the 3.x series, you'd need to use the Flatpak version or build from source. (rather easy to do, especially with the new wiki instructions)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Adrien
>
> Or, if your distro is Ubuntu based, you can download the *.deb files
> from:
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=11gjnSIw9E8B8kOJ01DHQuEA83xidbw8E [1] for
> the 3.5 version.

Thanks a lot for sharing the files.

I've installed them yesterday and this version seems to work fine on my
Ubuntu 18.04 system without any additional packages. But I had already
installed 3.4.1 from debian before with all dependencies, quite a lot.

By the way, 3.5 is not yet available for debian, the maintainer is
looking for help:

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/gnucash [2]

Regards,
Manfred

> On Apr 10, 2019, at 10:35 AM, Elmar <etschme at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 4/10/19 11:15 AM, gnucash-user-request at gnucash.org wrote: Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 14:21:15 -0500
> From: Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net>
> To: GnuCash <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
> Subject: Re: [GNC] Upgrade 2.6.18 to 3.5
>
> I think it was originally recommended to update to 2.6.19 or 2.6.21 first. (2.6.20 and .21 were snap fix releases for some critical problems with 2.6.19 which was originally intended to be the *last* of the 2.6 series)
>
> Regards,
> Adrien Heck, I am still running off the Mint repository version 2.6.12-1 built from rev ed11f6d+ on 2016-04-18. Nothing is "broken" that I use, and I am being cautious, awaiting the repository to update. Anyone got any ideas on when that might happen? - Elmar
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists [4] for more information.
 -----

 Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com