[GNC] CSV import lags and burns CPU; can't report bug

cicko alen.siljak at gmx.com
Fri Apr 12 04:13:05 EDT 2019

Mark, please report issues with CSV importer as you run into them. Either
here or in Bugzilla.
One thing that's hindering my CSV import efforts is exactly the length of
time it takes to complete. I'm not sure what exactly is taking the time -
I'm suspecting it's the search for duplicates - but it would be interesting
to pinpoint. In which case, I'd file a request to have the ability to skip
that part during import.
Normally, the CSV records I'm generating don't need to be checked against
the existing transactions as they are completely new and I'd like to have
control over that decision, taking the full responsibility for the
correctness of data. I'm not downloading any statements from 3rd parties.
>From the implementation standpoint, it should be as simple as adding a
checkbox on the import form, a bool parameter that is checked before the
duplicate match (or whatever else it is) operation.
I'm generating CSV files from transactions recorded on my mobile phone and
would really appreciate if the import was as quick as possible.
Your findings may also contribute to ironing out any other quirks with the
new CSV importer.