[GNC] Finance::Quotes stopped working for me

AC gnucash at acarver.net
Sat Apr 13 13:01:35 EDT 2019

LWP apparently will also self report a 500 status if the connection
fails for any reason.  The first suggestion would be to add lots of
debugging to the perl script to dump its internal state at various
points and also snoop on the connection.

I would also check to see if the malfunctioning router is utilizing a
proxy of some form.  Some tools are able to pick up on a proxy if the OS
has automatically put in the appropriate environmental variables but I
don't believe LWP can do that.  (Curl does look for the environment
variables and most browsers can query the OS for proxy information).

Admittedly it would be very odd to have a proxy running on a basic
router but not impossible.