[GNC] [GNC-dev] Recording dividend payoffs

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 19:35:15 EDT 2019

I suspect there's vocabulary issue here.

Justin are you talking about Dividends whereby the business owner (with
shareholders) sends monies to shareholders? I don't know how to book these
transactions. Asset:Bank -> Expenses:Dividends?

Or are we talking about Dividends whereby the individual (has shares in
companies) receives money from these shares? This one is Income:Dividends
to Asset:Bank and gets wound up into Retained Earnings after closing books.

Or a combined one whereby the Company Owner (has full, or partial shares in
company) decides to issue dividends, and pays himself and other
shareholders a dividend? (Asset:Business:Bank -> Asset:Personal:Bank) ???