[GNC] I can't see above the current widow

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Apr 17 05:31:05 EDT 2019

> On Apr 17, 2019, at 4:24 AM, Jonathan Silvey <jonathan.silvey at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> For some reason, I cannot go above the top line of a window.

What do you mean by "cannot go above the top line of a window?” Go above it how? What are you expecting to see? What are you referring to as the ’top line’?

> Two possible clues are that the Accounts totals are correct, so the
> information is there somewhere. But when I add a Description which I have
> used many times before (but not in the current window), the Description is
> treated as though I’ve never used it before, ie I have to type the whole
> entry.

If you use a description in one account register, it is *not* remembered for auto-fill in a different account register. That is a per-account thing.

So if you enter a transaction with a description ‘Wal-Mart’ in your Cash account, then later open your credit card account and start another transaction with description ‘Wal-Mart’, GnuCash will *not* autofill the info from what you entered in the Cash account.

Regards,
Adrien