[GNC] Return of Capital

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Apr 17 23:12:47 EDT 2019

cicko,

I confess, while I use trading accounts (for PMs) I don’t track stocks, so maybe I can’t be of help, but what are you expecting the balancing transaction below to be?

I see three splits which appear balanced, one to cash for $500 (presumably debit because it is listed as a positive and this is a return of capital), one to IPE for $500 (credit/debit? presumably debit since it is positive to an asset), another to IPE for $1000 (again, debit/credit? presumably credit since it is negative to an asset)

Where does the other split belong and for how much? Could you not enter all the splits yourself instead of letting GnuCash guess?

If I’m way off base, please excuse the noise.

Regards,
Adrien