[GNC] Cannot run v3 on Windows 7 since a year

Oliver Heidelbach ohei2 at yahoo.de
Sun Apr 21 14:05:06 EDT 2019

Yes, I had Cygwin installed and now deinstalled it accoording to their
uninstall instructions including removing the registry entries.

Same problem as before unfortunately.

The following is the call stack from the Sysinternals Process Explorer:

wow64cpu.dll!CpuGetContext+0x4
wow64.dll!Wow64KiUserCallbackDispatcher+0xcb
wow64win.dll+0x32bf9
ntdll.dll!KiUserCallbackDispatcher+0x1f
wow64win.dll+0x3fd4a
wow64win.dll+0x1ad9b
wow64.dll!Wow64SystemServiceEx+0xd7
wow64cpu.dll!TurboDispatchJumpAddressEnd+0x2d
wow64.dll!Wow64SystemServiceEx+0x1ce
wow64.dll!Wow64LdrpInitialize+0x42a
ntdll.dll!RtlImageDirectoryEntryToData+0x19a3
ntdll.dll!longjmp+0x2ca60
ntdll.dll!LdrInitializeThunk+0xe
USER32.dll!PeekMessageW+0x17b
USER32.dll!PeekMessageW+0x197
USER32.dll!DialogBoxIndirectParamW+0xfb
USER32.dll!DialogBoxIndirectParamAorW+0x108
USER32.dll!SoftModalMessageBox+0x757
USER32.dll!SoftModalMessageBox+0xa33
USER32.dll!MessageBoxTimeoutW+0x52
USER32.dll!MessageBoxTimeoutA+0x76
USER32.dll!MessageBoxExA+0x1b
USER32.dll!MessageBoxA+0x18
msvcrt.dll!strerror_s+0x649
msvcrt.dll!__threadhandle+0x466
msvcrt.dll!abort+0x26
libstdc++-6.dll!_ZN9__gnu_cxx27__verbose_terminate_handlerEv+0x163
libstdc++-6.dll!__cxa_throw+0x5c
msvcrt.dll!free+0x39
libgnc-core-utils.dll!_ZN5boost9iterators6detail23operator_arrow_dispatchIRNS_10filesystem15directory_entryEPS4_E5applyES5_+0x11
msvcrt.dll!free+0x46
libgnc-core-utils.dll!_ZNK5boost9iterators6detail20iterator_facade_baseINS_10filesystem28recursive_directory_iteratorENS3_15directory_entryENS0_25single_pass_traversal_tagERS5_iLb0ELb0EEptEv+0x22
libgnc-core-utils.dll!gnc_path_find_localized_html_file+0x980
libgnc-core-utils.dll!gnc_path_find_localized_html_file+0xfce
libgnc-core-utils.dll!gnc_filepath_init+0xca
gnucash.exe+0x3b33
gnucash.exe+0x138b
ntdll.dll!RtlDeactivateActivationContextUnsafeFast+0x35f

I cannot interpret that, but maybe someone here can?

Oliver