[GNC] Downloading stock prices in the UK

AEG aeg21212-forum at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 25 10:56:44 EDT 2019

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your help with this.
I understand that the Symbol/Abbreviation should be SSE.L and that agrees
with what I used to use with AceMoney, but I'm a little confused about what
should appear under the heading "Namespace" in the GnuCash Security Editor
and under the heading "Security" in the Price Editor.

The existing security types are listed as AMEX, EUREX, FUND, NASDAQ and
NYSE, none of which appears relevant for me, which is why I created the LON
type. I did this because, when I looked up SSE.L in Google, it came back
with the code LON: SSE and when I did the same thing for AMZN it came back
with NASDAQ: AMZN , so I concluded that LON ought to work.

If that is not right, what should my security type be?

Alan

Eric Coates wrote