[GNC] I can't see above the current widow

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Thu Apr 25 20:15:42 EDT 2019

Every time I see this topic, I'm reminded of the old Gerard Hoffnung
routine. He is reading (supposedly) letters from Tyrolean landlords who
responded to his holiday inquiries, and one of then wrote:

"There is a French widow in every bedroom ... affording delightful
prospects!"

(For the full effect, you have to hear it in his magnificent declamatory
voice. It's probably on Youtube, because it's part of his famous
"Bricklayer" speech to the Oxford Union.)

Stan Brown
Tompkins County, New York, USA
http://BrownMath.com
http://OakRoadSystems.com