[GNC] GNU Cash End of Year Closing of Accounts

Stephen Brandt moneyworkn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 17:54:34 EDT 2019

I am looking for a way to archive out all transactions for the Year
ending XXXX.  I would like to remove all transactions from all accounts
and start the new year with the ending balance from the previous year.
To view prior years I'd like to be able to select the archive file for
the appropriate year.

This would free up lots of memory and make it less cumbersome to find
the beginning of the current year and not have to scroll down through
prior years data to find the beginning of the current year.

I hope this makes sense to you. If I understood the programming
language, I'd do it myself and submit the update to the appropriate
location so everyone could take advantage of the update.

Thank you for your understanding of the problem.

Stephen Brandt

A frustrated user of GNU Cash.  I love the program, with the above
exception.