[GNC] Tips for reporting

V. Vatsal nikeno at me.com
Sat Apr 27 10:53:38 EDT 2019

Hello,

I am trying to get a more granular look at one of my expense categories, and hoping that one of the gurus can tell me how best to do it.

Basically, I want to be able to set a date range, and see all the transactions in that range grouped according to the merchant, using the information in the description field.

Can this be done within GnuCash? I have played around with some subset of the built-in reports, but can’t find one that does it right away.

The only way I can think of is to export to CSV and then use a spreadsheet, but I hope to avoid that because there’s no way to set the date range in the export as far as I can tell.

I am on Mac OS, for the record.

Thanks,

Nike