[GNC] Version on Ubuntu 19.04

Ronal B Morse ron at morsehouse.com
Sun Apr 28 10:46:12 EDT 2019

That's the snap version.  It should be regarded as "experimental" as
well as kinda old. Snap is a new idea that shows great promise, but
right now it's a work in progress and it's not clear if or how snap
installations of third-party software like Gnucash will be maintained
(upgraded) or who, exactly, will be responsible.  I'd avoid it, for now.

You can install gnucash using Synaptic (if you have that installed) or
from a terminal command prompt using the "apt" utility.  The apt command
will be:

sudo apt install gnucash-common gnucash python3-gnucash gnucash-docs

It will ask you to enter your password. As of today it will install
version 3.41.

If you're adventurous you can install version 3.5x by building it
directly from the source code. There are excellent step by step
instructions on the Gnucash Wiki Page and as much help as you'll ever
need right here on this list.

Ron Morse