[GNC] Error Retrieving Quotes

Deva - pobox.deva at outlook.in
Sun Apr 28 11:42:33 EDT 2019

Sachin,

India stock quote retrieval hasn’t worked for me either.

If you google for solutions, then you will come across some posts where someone has posted an edited version of Quote.pm for India stocks, but last time I looked, it was pretty old and I can’t vouch for the authenticity either (you have to put this edited file at the location where Finance Quote is installed on your computer).

If you are using Gnucash to track stocks, you are probably not a day trader because only in that case, you may need frequent price updates.

If you are using Gnucash for tracking stocks over longer periods, then you are unlikely to need price updates on a daily or weekly basis (I do a monthly update).

You can simply use the CSV Price Importer (if you are using 3.x versions and it works very well) and once a month import the CSV price file for all your stocks. If you fix the format of the CSV file, you can even save the price import as a template so that future imports are even smoother.

Cheers.