[GNC] Paying business vendor invoice: enter vendor's name twice

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Apr 28 14:07:23 EDT 2019

On Sun, 28 Apr 2019, Geert Janssens wrote:

> A bit of history of how this came about:
> The select button used to be the only way to select a vendor. Originally
> you couldn't type anything in the box. That was even more burdensome. Then
> directly typing a vendor name (and selecting it in the dropdown list) was
> added, which was in many cases a big improvement. The select button wasn't
> removed as sometimes you don't know the exact vendor name (different
> prefix or something), or you need to enter a new one. Both options are
> still possible via the select button.
>
> I do agree the halfway fix is not perfect and can cause some confusion.

Geert,

I understand. Designing UIs are like writing: we know what we mean when we
create the UI or document, but not everyone sees it the same way. This is
one reason communication can be difficult.

Reading your history suggests a solution that should be easy to implement:
move the Select button to the button row on the bottom, perhaps between the
Cancel and OK buttons. That puts all actions in the same place and separates
Select from OK. Just a thought.

Best regards,

Rich