[GNC] Dimensions in Accounts

Sachin Danave sachin.danave at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 23:59:46 EDT 2019

Dear All,

This may sound like a feature request, but just wanted to know if anything
like this already exists.

I am preparing accounts for 2 persons (me and my wife) in the same set up.
That gives me an advantage of seeing the whole financial status at one go.
However, for Taxation purposes, I would like to have a dimension that
specifies the owner of an account. E.g. A Bank account that is owned by me
and a bank account owned by my wife. I could do this using Subaccounts,
however, that complicates the Chart of Accounts substantially. Traditional
accounting packages deal with this by allowing to define a dimension to
different accounts, whereby you can classify the accounts. This
classification field then can be used in reporting.

My basic question is, can we add such "custom" fields in Accounts ? If so,
any guidance is welcome !!!

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Sachin