[GNC] Dimensions in Accounts

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Apr 29 12:34:37 EDT 2019

You shouldn’t need to create special account trees or sub-accounts. (but by all means, if you have individual accounts, you should track those separately)

The Transaction Report allows you to filter based on text found in Description, Notes, Memo, etc. You could place a ’tag’ in one of those and use it to filter a report for each of you.

It is unfortunate that the P&L (Income Statement) does not have this feature, but you can get most of the way that with a well crafted Transaction Report. You might have to export it to a spreadsheet if you want to prettify it into a proper Income Statement.

Since you mention your interest to use this for tax purposes, check out the Tax Report options. There might be something there which can help. (I think those settings are also by-account and are ‘all or nothing’ without filters though. I don’t use it, so I can’t say for sure)

If you do have real separate accounts and have those in your tree, you don’t need to tag them also. When you run your reports, simply unselect the account(s) you don’t want to report on, save that as a new configuration and then you can re-use it in the future.

Regards,
Adrien