[GNC] Balance Sheet - Currency Conversion

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Aug 3 11:38:43 EDT 2019

> On Aug 2, 2019, at 5:48 PM, Danilo Freitas da Costa <danfcosta at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, @ll!
>
> I'm facing a strange issue or misunderstanding, using different currencies.
>
> For simplification, I have an account tree like this:
>
> Asset
> Asset : Account-1 (BRL)
> Income
> Income : Income-1 (USD)
>
> My default currency is BRL.
>
> Steps (example):
>
> 1. Add an income on 07/Jun/2019 and provide the currency quotation on this
> date.
> 2. Generate Balance Sheet report until 30/06/2019
>
> Until now, everything is OK. The conversion sounds good.
>
> 3. Add a new income on 05/Jul/2019 and provide the currency quotation on
> this date.
> 4. Generate Balance Sheet report until 30/06/201.
>
> Now, the report Balance Sheet uses the most recent quotation not the
> quotation on 07/jun. As well, the total of "Assets" and "Liabilities and
> Equity" doesn't match.
>
> Is there any way to use this entries and provide a balance sheet with the
> the correct value?

Why is the price on 7 June more correct than the one on 5 July for a report dated 30 June?

That aside, try setting the price source to "Average Cost". If it's still out of balance then you probably have unaccounted-for trading gains or losses. The trial balance report, run for different days, can help track down the dates of the transactions with the gains.

Regards,
John Ralls