[GNC] Account Hirarchy with different currencies cause online quotes to fail in some cases

Ove write2ove at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 14:12:28 EDT 2019

I am retrieving online quotes for a fund: "Handelsbanken Multi Asset 50" from
the source "Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken, SE"
I also retrieve online quotes for American stock and Swedish stock from the
source "Alphavantage, US"

When my account hierarchy only include one currency conversion everything
works fine, e.g.

Asset (EUR)
---------US Assets (USD)
------------------American Stock (AMZN)
------------------American Cash (USD)
---------Swedish Assets (SEK)
------------------Swedish Fund (Handelsbanken Multi Asset 50)
------------------Swedish Stock (AZN.STO)
------------------Swedish Cash (SEK)
---------Euro Bank Account (EUR)

However, I want to have both American and Swedish Assets listed under a
Swedish (SEK) Asset Account as it is all from one broker in Sweden, i.e.
like this, but when I change the accounts to this hirarchy the retrieval of
the Swedish fund fails with the message "Unable to retreive quotes for these
items: SEB_FUNDS:Handelsbanken Multi Asset 50 Continue using only the good
quotes? No/Yes", when I flatten out the hierarchy it starts working again.

Asset (EUR)
---------Swedish Assets (SEK)
------------------American Stock (AMZN)
------------------American Cash (USD)
------------------Swedish Fund (Handelsbanken Multi Asset 50)
------------------Swedish Stock (AZN.STO)
------------------Swedish Cash (SEK)
---------Euro Bank Account (EUR)

The XML for the failing Fund looks like below:
<gnc:commodity version="2.0.0">
  <cmdty:space>SEB_FUNDS</cmdty:space>
  <cmdty:id>Handelsbanken Multi Asset 50</cmdty:id>
  <cmdty:name>Handelsbanken Multi Asset 50</cmdty:name>
  <cmdty:xcode>Handelsbanken Multi Asset 50</cmdty:xcode>
  <cmdty:fraction>10000</cmdty:fraction>
  <cmdty:get_quotes/>
  <cmdty:quote_source>seb_funds</cmdty:quote_source>
  <cmdty:quote_tz>Europe/Paris</cmdty:quote_tz>
  <cmdty:slots>
    <slot>
      <slot:key>user_symbol</slot:key>
      <slot:value type="string">Handelsbanken Multi Asset 50</slot:value>
    </slot>
  </cmdty:slots>
</gnc:commodity>

Grateful if any one can advice how to resolve this and achieve the desired
account hierarchy and retain online quotes.
BR , Ove.