[GNC] QIF Import Problem

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 09:44:26 EDT 2019

For completion, Colin sent me 2 QIF files from 2 different bank accounts.
Some lines indicated transfer from 1st QIF acct to 2nd QIF acct.

The solution is tedious. Importing QIF acct will require careful mapping of
QIF account/category, and when importing the 2nd QIF account, the importer
*will* *(very slowly)* attempt to find duplicates if the account names are
correctly chosen, and allow you to correctly match transfers. Matched
transfers are skipped thereby avoiding duplicates.

The good news is the QIF account/category -> GnuCash account mapping is
saved between imports.

Thus it'sa good idea to import accounts in short date periods; the mapping
will thus be preserved inbetween.

The next release *will* feature a much faster duplicate finder.