[GNC] Setting up a new accounting scheme in GnuCash

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 15:41:37 EDT 2019

Am Mi., 7. Aug. 2019 um 18:47 Uhr schrieb Adrien Monteleone
<adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net>:
> > On Aug 7, 2019, at 7:51 AM, Frank ter Braak <frankterbraak at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I did ask my question in the dutch mailing list but it does not seem to be very busy there :-(

Keep in mind, the dutch list has not so many members as the english
list. And then on all  lists most users a no business users. So you
can not expect to get the answer in less than 24h.

> > I did start of with the GrootboekSchema 1.1 but this list has no clear types for these 4 accounts:

Frank, it seems the grouping of your starting standard is slightly
different from RGS 1.1.
Tip, you should sort the CoA by Rekeningsnummer instead of
Rekeningnaam to have similar accounts together.

> > One example is “Kruisposten” where I book money that goes from one bank to another bank or my cashregister. It should add up to ZERO at the end.
>
> A current asset account. It would be assigned type ‘asset’ and you can put it where ever you want/need in your asset part of the tree. If you prefer a top level, that is okay as well.

Right, Kruisposten is already there below LIQUIDE MIDDELEN.

> > This is where I put all of my stock (bikes and parts in my shop) at the start of my year in the opening balance.
> This would be ‘inventory’ in English. Just another current asset account here. Give it type ‘asset’ and place it where you want/need.

Right, see VOORADEN

> > This is where I book my bikes if I buy them from my supplier during the year. It will raise my Assets I suppose.
>
> These are the invoices from the supplier or the value of the bikes themselves? If the bikes, that would be inventory above, if the invoices, that would be Accounts Payable - a liability.

Not quite, while buying they increase VOORADEN, on sale they move to
INKOOPWARDE VAN DE UMZET.

> > Some strange accounts like the one for booking cash diferences of unusual income of loss.
> If I’m understanding this right, this would be miscellaneous income/expenses or non-operating income/expenses correct?

How about FINANCIELE BATEN EN LASTEN?

> You could have a miscellaneous expense account (and sub accounts under that if desired) for when they are expenses and the same under income. Use the correct one for each case, or have only one account or set of accounts under whichever is the usual case and occasionally you’ll have the other side of the transaction there.
>
> Also note, you can assign account numbers to each account and you can display that column on the account tab and sort the account tab by account number if you prefer.
>
> Once the numbers are assigned, you can also type the numbers instead of the names when entering transactions.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien

Regards
Frank