[GNC] Setting up a new accounting scheme in GnuCash

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 17:10:24 EDT 2019

Hi Adrien,

part of the confusion might be:
Frank asked for the account type to create a few, which you tried to answer.
I saw, the requested accounts were already defined in the template and
referenced the group containing them, not the type itself.

Am Mi., 7. Aug. 2019 um 21:54 Uhr schrieb Adrien Monteleone
<adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net>:

> >> These are the invoices from the supplier or the value of the bikes themselves? If the bikes, that would be inventory above, if the invoices, that would be Accounts Payable - a liability.
> >
> > Not quite, while buying they increase VOORADEN, on sale they move to
> > INKOOPWARDE VAN DE UMZET.
>
> So Cost of Goods Sold? That would be an expense account. Curious that NL mixes purchases (inventory) with COGS rather than separating them out.

No, it is the same:
VOORADEN/Inventory: Activa/assets
INKOOPWARDE VAN DE UMZET/Cost of Goods Sold: Kosten/expense
UMZET/Goods Sold: Opbrengsten/income

> Regards,
> Adrien

Regards