[GNC] GNUCash Version 3.6.1 not working on OSX.

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Aug 9 01:43:26 EDT 2019

Dion,

You shouldn’t need to turn off Gatekeeper.

Some apps, of which GnuCash is one, needs to be given explicit permission to open.

This is accomplished by launching it for the very first time, by right-clicking on it in the install location (usually /Applications) and choosing ‘open’.

This will provide a dialog to verify that you want to open this app which was downloaded from the internet.

Click to open it.

It might or might not launch, but any subsequent launch, should work. And all of this with Gatekeeper still active.

Mileage may vary however.

Regards,
Adrien