[GNC] Gnucash fails to run after upgrade from Ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Aug 9 04:00:06 EDT 2019

Op donderdag 8 augustus 2019 15:32:17 CEST schreef James E:
> gnucash_fail_20190806_04.odt
> <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t376064/gnucash_fail_20190806_04.
> odt>
>
> Q Which version of guile is installed on the system.

> jm at jm-OptiPlex-9020:~$ guile -v
> guile (GNU Guile) 2.0.11
> Packaged by Debian (2.0.11-deb+1-10ubuntu0.1)
>
> License LGPLv3+: GNU LGPL 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html>.
> There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
>
> Q Which version  of guile was used to build gnucash .
>
> A  I do not know how to do this .
>
> Q Also what is the contents of
> $HOME/.cache/guile/ccache/
>
> A There is folder " 2.0-LE-8-2.0 "  with sub folders below.
>
> I deleted this file and ran gnucash again .
> The attached file show the output at the terminal.
> Gnucash  now runs successfully .
>
> *Geert thank you very much .
> *

Good that this got you to run gnucash successfully.

I note from the log gnucash still resorts to autocompiling the guile scripts
though. That means you may run into the same issue on the next gnucash
upgrade.

Can you post a list of all files that were installed with the gnucash package
? I believe you can use the command
dpkg-query -L gnucash
for this (I'm not on Ubuntu myself, so I'm not completely sure).

Regards,

Geert