[GNC] Transaction Report Sign Reverses

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 12 04:45:19 EDT 2019

Well, it seems odd to me that "Double" display (as Adrien noted)(thank
you, Adrien!) is able to display the figures as the user prefers. It is
also odd to me that the report knows to switch the values of the
individual transactions, but is unable to remember that fact when it
comes to the totals. That right there is the problem.

As for the FAQ, it seems to me that there is a mistake in the example
there: the GnuCash option is to change signs for Income *and* Expenses.
But the example provided reverses Income but not Expenses. Were it to
reverse both sets of accounts as the preference indicates, then the math
should work out correctly ($100+10-20=$90). Or am I missing something here?

Why is it not possible to perform the calculation for totals and then
apply a display modifier so that the user sees numbers as they prefer?

The current solution is a poor one.