[GNC] First Day of the Week

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Aug 12 16:20:26 EDT 2019

System Preferences > Language & Region is where you can set first day of the week. (I’m on Mojave)

But I see it has no effect on the calendar displayed in the Scheduled Transaction editor. (not sure where else this would matter)

I’d have to ask (because I have Sunday as my first day and I don’t understand the utility of changing it), how does not being able to change it impact your use of GnuCash? What is more difficult by the day being set to Sunday? I really mean this as a curiosity. Is it merely a matter of you’ve always seen calendars start on Monday and it looks odd and sometimes hard to comprehend at a glance?

What parts of the app other than the Scheduled Transaction editor is this an issue for?

Please note, the developer pool is small, their time is not infinite, and they are all volunteers. (and I’d guess they all have day jobs) They have a roadmap for prioritizing their time. If something is an annoyance but the app is still usable, it is likely to be pushed to the back burner unless someone new decides to jump in and help address it.

Regards,
Adrien