[GNC] Get online quote for Canada Fund

Kaman Wu kamanwu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 22:05:00 EDT 2019

Hello Ove,

I try to change the code by myself.  I am using windows 10 right now.

I find the perl code
at: C:\Strawberry\cpan\build\Finance-Quote-1.49-0\lib\Finance\Quote\Cdnfundlibrary.pm

BUT after I made the change, it looks like the GNC still call the old
code.  Can I change that file directly?
Does GNC keep a copy of this file? (I cannot find the it)

Thanks a lot.

On Sun, Aug 11, 2019 at 1:46 PM Kaman Wu <kamanwu at gmail.com> wrote:

> thanks a lot.  I will try it.
>
> On Sun, Aug 11, 2019 at 1:40 PM Ove Grunnér <write2ove at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I was looking at the code in cpan, and it looks like the module is using
>> this base url
>>
>> http://www.fundlibrary.com/funds/db/_fundcard.asp?t=2&id=
>>
>> and then adding the code after it, e.g.
>> http://www.fundlibrary.com/funds/db/_fundcard.asp?t=2&id=1743
>>
>> however when trying this url, I get Error 404, unknown web page,
>>
>> It could be that the module is not current and fails on everything.
>>
>> if you are comfortable with perl, you could try changing the url in the module.
>>
>> I tried also to retrieve the mutual fund from my ubuntu based gnucash, and it also fails.
>>
>> there are contact details for this module on this url: https://metacpan.org/author/ECOCODE
>>
>> the author of the code may be able to help more.
>>
>> br Ove.
>>

>> On Sun, 11 Aug 2019 at 15:44, Kaman Wu <kamanwu at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello Ove,
>>>
>>> Thanks for reply my question.  I did try "1743".  Still get the same
>>> error message.   I really need solve the problem, otherwise, I have to
>>> manually input the price for all funds I have.
>>>

>>> PS C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin> perl .\gnc-fq-dump -v fundlibrary
>>>   1743
>>> Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
>>>     symbol: 1743 (deduced)       <=== required
>>>       date: ** missing **        <=== recommended
>>>   currency: ** missing **        <=== required
>>>       last:                      <=\
>>>        nav:                      <=== one of these
>>>      price:                      <=/
>>>   timezone:                      <=== optional
>>>
>>> ** This stock quote cannot be used by GnuCash!
>>>

>>> All fields returned by Finance::Quote for stock 1743
>>>
>>> stock           field  value
>>> -----           -----  -----
>>> 1743         errormsg: Fund name 1743 not found
>>> 1743             last: **missing**
>>> 1743              nav: **missing**
>>> 1743            price: **missing**
>>> 1743          success: 0
>>>
>>> PS C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\bin> perl .\gnc-fq-dump -v
>>> canadamutual  1743
>>> Finance::Quote fields Gnucash uses:
>>>     symbol: 1743 (deduced)       <=== required
>>>       date: ** missing **        <=== recommended
>>>   currency: ** missing **        <=== required
>>>       last:                      <=\
>>>        nav:                      <=== one of these
>>>      price:                      <=/
>>>   timezone:                      <=== optional
>>>
>>> ** This stock quote cannot be used by GnuCash!
>>>

>>> All fields returned by Finance::Quote for stock 1743
>>>
>>> stock           field  value
>>> 1743         errormsg: Error determining fund code for 1743.
>>> 1743             last: **missing**
>>> 1743              nav: **missing**
>>> 1743            price: **missing**