[GNC] First Day of the Week

John Morris johnjeff at editide.us
Mon Aug 12 23:01:48 EDT 2019

Hi Ken,
  Thanks for thinking about my little problem. However, I don't see how this would help. The regular Mac interface gives me the option to change the start of the week from the locale's default. GnuCash should be reading that change like all the other date-aware applications. It does not. Also, as I mentioned in my first post, I have tried changing my locale to a region that defaults to Monday as the first day of the week. GnuCash still insists on using Sunday as the first day of the week. I don't see why GnuCash is any more likely to obey a custom locale than it is to obey one of the default locales.

  Have you tried doing this on any system? Did it work? My Windows experience is extremely limited and my Unix experience (other than poking around under the hood of MacOS X) is more than thirty years out of date. I was really hoping to hear from some Mac users living in regions where the default first day of the week is Monday. There must be some. Do they simply ignore this problem or have they found a way to change what seems from my end to be a hard-coded default?

Best,
John