[GNC] Problems moving vertical lines between columns on

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 13 04:27:33 EDT 2019

As covered in the note at https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v3/C/gnucash-guide/basics-running-gnucash.html#basics-register2

  On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 5:40, David Carlson<david.carlson.417 at gmail.com> wrote:   James,

Keep in mind that in the register view the description column is a special
case that essentially defaults to use all the space that is not explicitly
given to other columns.

This means setting the other widths first, then dragging the right edge of
the description column title box leftward and letting it snap back until
there is no horizontal scrollbar at the bottom.

Of course, this can get awkward for users that run the program on computers
with different display and font settings.  Since those settings are defined
as user settings, different computers normally each keep their own
settings, but if one accesses the program remotely via ssh, for example, it
can still get very interesting.

David Carlson

On Mon, Aug 12, 2019 at 6:15 PM James Fuller <James at plateautel.net> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm having a problem figuring out how to move the vertical lines
> defining columns on registers.  I seem to remember that you place a
> mouse cursor on the vertical line, hold down the right mouse button, and
> move left or right to change the width of of the columns.  When I do
> that, the vertical line moves with my mouse. When I let go of the right
> button the line zips back.
>
> I'm using 3.2 Gnucash on a Windows 7 HP desktop.  What am I doing
> wrong?  BTW, I have read the Help Manual until I'm blue in the face and
> can't find it.
>
> Thank you
>
> James Fuller

David Carlson