[GNC] First Day of the Week

John Morris johnjeff at editide.us
Tue Aug 13 13:16:29 EDT 2019

Curiouser and curiouser. I just booted my 2014 MacBook Pro in Mojave. I was hoping to see good results, but I was disappointed. My experience on Mojave was identical to my experience on El Capitan. I first tried changing just the day of the week and creating a new set of books. Then, I tried changing the whole region to United Kingdom and creating a new set of books. In both cases, both the date picker and the reports used Sunday as the first day of the week.

  This is a brand new, clean install of Mojave and GnuCash, so I don't think there can be any corruption in the user profile. GnuCash must be looking somewhere else to get the first day of the week.

  I forgot to check "locale" in Terminal, but I assume I would have gotten the same results already reported for Mojave (en_US when I set just the first day of the week and en_GB when I set the entire region).

Best,
John