[GNC] journal entries

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Thu Aug 15 06:09:25 EDT 2019

On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 08:56:49 -0500
Dale Alspach <alspachde at gmail.com> wrote:

> The start of this thread was a question from a new user about journal
> entries as he understood them from being a Quicken user. (I believe
> Quicken is a personal accounting version of Quickbooks. Quickbooks is
> targeted at small to medium size businesses.) My post was an attempt
> to explain why a new user coming from Quicken might have a different
> notion of journal entry and not understand the responses he was
> getting from this list.

Quicken and Quickbooks are completely different. I have owned both
(which may have been last century).

Quickbooks is double entry accounting with fancy forms which hide the
works.

Quicken does not do double entry accounting. Hence my suggestion that
those who come from Quicken are advised to learn about double entry
accounting from some suitable sources.

Liz