[GNC] I can no longer connect to mysql after upgrading to Debian Buster

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Aug 15 09:51:17 EDT 2019

The lock message means GnuCash crashed or was not properly shut down.

While you can bypass this for XML and Sqlite with "Open Anyway", MySQL might not play nice.

You might have to login to the MySQL console to fix things there.

In addition to checking the tracefile, I’d also check the MySQL logs. (which might need to be turned on, or increase their verbosity)

Before you get too far down a rabbit hole trying to fix this, be certain if you are running MySQL proper, or MariaDB (a near drop in replacement shipped by many distros) as there may be some differences.

Regards,
Adrien