[GNC] Import of multi split transactions

Philippe A. futhark77 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 11:33:44 EDT 2019

I have generated csv multi splits for the purchase of shares. For example
say I have the following split for the purchase of 10 shares at 5$ each:

Date;Description;Action;Commodity;Account;Deposit;Price
2019-01-07;"purchase";Buy;CURRENCY::CAD;share_accnt;10;5.00
;;;;cash_accnt;-50.00;1

Putting the nb share (10) as the deposit amount feels very counter
intuitive to me. I wonder for what reason I can't put 50$ as the deposit
amount and let gnucash calculate the share price?

I consider money amount and nb share the two most important numbers that
must absolutely match my statement. When I enter transactions manually, I
always key them in and let gnucash calculate the price. Is there a way to
arrange splits to obtain the same behavior?

Thanks!

--
Philippe