[GNC] Printer woes

Greg Feneis mfeneis at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 12:47:33 EDT 2019

James, the typical flow in GnuCash and similar programs is that the chart
of accounts and various account registers and other things aren't
considered documents, so you can't directly print them.  Instead, you "run
a report".  That report is more like a document.  If a report is
satisfactory, you can print it, or save as a .PDF.

The icons along the top of the GnuCash window will change depending on what
tab is currently selected.  They are context specific.  When I click on
Accounts tab, the toolbar only shows 6 icons (none of them are about
printing).  When I'm viewing a checking register, a different set of icons
appear, 12 in total (still no printer icon).  When I view an invoice, or
report, a printer icon is shown.

I'm pretty sure you'll see that printer icon, you just need to run a report
first.

Kind regards,

Greg Feneis <http://www.linkedin.com/in/electromechanical>