[GNC] must upgrade | issues

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Aug 22 14:00:15 EDT 2019

> On Aug 22, 2019, at 9:45 AM, ph hermes <phsfca.hermes at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> i upgraded my mac os (to mojave) and now i have to upgrade gnucash. i've
> downloaded it, clicked on file got the app but can't get further.
>
> is there any way to upgrade the current app (which i now cannot open)? if
> not how to get the 2nd app to install? i click on new app, asks if i trust,
> i say yes, nothing happens except icon in dock disappears.
>
> thanks.

Umm, "clicked on file got the app"?

You presumably downloaded Gnucash-Intel-3.6-1.dmg. When you double-click that you get a new Finder window with Gnucash and some text files inside of it. Drag GnuCash to the Applications folder, unless you've already deleted the old one or dragged it to the trash you'll get a dialog telling you that there's already a Gnucash there and asking if you want to cancel, keep both, or replace. Pick replace.

Once the copy finishes you can click the Gnucash icon either in the Applications folder or the dock if you've installed it there. Click the dock or double-click the Finder icon. Gatekeeper will verify the package then tell you that you downloaded it from the web and ask if you want to open it. Tell it you do. At this point Gatekeeper is supposed to open GnuCash but it sometimes doesn't. Just launch GnuCash again. Gatekeeper will have removed the quarantine already so GnuCash should start up. It may take a few seconds but the Dock icon will start bouncing immediately and keep bouncing until the splash screen (or main window if you've turned off the splash screen in preferences) comes up

Regards,
John Ralls