[GNC] Decimal points messed up

Axel Essbaum axel at essbaum.com
Fri Aug 23 12:01:16 EDT 2019

Hi All,

Longtime Mac GC user, still running my original 2.4.11 install from… 10 years ago?  I am now looking at upgrading to 3.6 and am encountering a problem with the "grouping" character and decimal points being transposed.  I am using GC with CHF (I am in Switzerland), but my computer is set up in English.

In System Prefs > Langauge and Region I have Region = Switzerland.  On that pane in Advanced I have Number Separator Grouping = ' and decimal = .  Currency is CHF and Currency Grouping = ' and decimal = .

In GC Prefs I have Locale = CHF (Swiss Franc).

But two thousand CHF, which I would expect to see as CHF 2'000.00 is actually displayed SFr. 2.000,00.

I can live with SFr. but I can't have a decimal point used for grouping.

Anyone have any ideas what I can adjust to fix this?

Thanks!

- Axel

--
Axel Essbaum