[GNC] [SPAM] Re: Decimal points messed up

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Aug 26 13:25:51 EDT 2019

> On Aug 26, 2019, at 4:25 AM, Axel Essbaum <axel at essbaum.com> wrote:
>

>>> Thanks for the helpful response.  I am happy with a comma separator.  But I get:
>>>
>>> $ defaults write -a Gnucash AppleLocale en_GB.UTF-8
>>> 2019-08-24 06:54:51.749 defaults[13856:1130038] Unexpected argument en_GB.UTF-8; leaving defaults unchanged.
>>>
>>> This is Mojave, btw.
>>>
>>> Any idea what I need to do different?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>
>> Sorry, the option is -app and you need to single-quote the locale:
>>   defaults write -app Gnucash AppleLocale 'en_GB.UTF-8'
>> Sometimes the defaults system is persnickety and denies knowing about Gnucash:
>> "Can't determine domain name for application Gnucash; defaults unchanged" in which case you can tell it the full path
>>   defaults write -app /Applications/Gnucash.app AppleLocale 'en_GB.UTF-8’
>
> This worked!  Thank you!
>
> Next issue.  In 2.4.11 I modified the Default Style Sheet to use a heading banner image.  How do I add this in 3.6?  I don’t find the setting when I edit a Style Sheet.
>
> In 2.4.11 I also modified invoice.scm in /Applications/Gnucash/Contents/Resources/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report/ as follows (diff output):
>
> $ diff invoice.scm invoice.scm~
> 262c262
> <     "g" (N_ "Display the action?") #f))
> ---
>    "g" (N_ "Display the action?") #t))
> 277c277
> <     "k" (N_ "Display the entry's discount") #f))
> ---
>    "k" (N_ "Display the entry's discount") #t))
> 282c282
> <     "l" (N_ "Display the entry's taxable status") #f))
> ---
>    "l" (N_ "Display the entry's taxable status") #t))
> 333,350c333
> <      (_ "Please submit payment to the following account.
> < Bitte zahlen Sie auf das folgende Konto.
> <
> < Bank:
> <
> < XXX
> < XXX
> <
> < Account:
> <
> < CHXX XXXX XXXX XXXX
> < ")))
> ---
>     (_ "Thank you for your patronage")))
>
> What’s the best way to achieve the above invoice formatting and text changes in 3.6?

The picture option has moved to the Layout tab, the Action, Discount, and Taxable options are on the Display Columns tab, and the Payable To toggle and string are on the Display tab of Report Options for the invoices. Set it up and then save the configuration. Use Report>Saved Configurations to run it in the future.

Regards,
John Ralls