[GNC] Bookkeeping for a club's charity account - use business features?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Aug 26 23:27:53 EDT 2019

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘original sort order’ but that would depend on the data. You could employ a sort of ‘record number’ I suppose similar to the concept of a database record ID.

But if say, you sort by last name ‘originally’ then you wouldn’t need a special column. Just sort by last name. Make sure anyone doing a sort always chooses to sort the entire table and not just a portion of it or you’ll get a mess. (and maybe why you think you need a sort order column)

As for how else to share data, that answer is endless. There are many online or self-hosted systems that employ some sort of database for managing members, projects, events, activities, employees, vendors, customers, et cetera and that also tie into accounting and things like inventory management. Enterprise Resource Planning ‘ERP’ is the overall term there, but there are subsets like ‘CRM’ (Customer Relationship Management), Point of Sale, Project Planners, and more. One could try to find an out-of-the-box solution, customize a generic one, or have one custom made from scratch. Some individual components can also be used and then tied together so they all ’talk’ to each other.

Regards,
Adrien