[GNC] 2 Questions About Debit Cards

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Wed Aug 28 09:26:56 EDT 2019

At Wed, 28 Aug 2019 15:39:43 +0300 Haim Roman <haim.roman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Got it.  Seems obvious now ☺

If it is a straight checking account debit card AND you are not concerned
about keeping separate track of checks, EFTs, and debit card use, you don't
really need a separate GnuCash "account" for the debit card.  I put all of the
checking account debit card uses in my checking account account, just without
a check number.  Ditto for EFTs and other direct payments (eg online banking
billpay or other sorts of transfers).  The only debit card I bother to have
its own account for is my PayPal debit card, since it can hold a balance of
its own.

> Thanks
> Howard (Haim) Roman -- haim.roman at gmail.com -- 052-8-592-599 -- חיים רומן
> LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/haimroman
>

> On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 3:27 PM Gary Holtum <diamondhranchqh at earthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
> > First you need to fund the debit card. $ has to come from somewhere. Then
> > you use the debit card to purchase many different things.
> >

> > One transaction to fund card, then many transactions to expense acct’s
> > when you use it.
> >

> > Similar to what you do with a credit card. Use it many times then make one
> > payment.
> >

> > Gary

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933