[GNC] Decimal points messed up

Axel Essbaum axel at essbaum.com
Thu Aug 29 12:02:45 EDT 2019

> On 29 Aug 2019, at 05:44, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>
> 2.4.11 was released more than 6 1/2 years ago. It was built for 32 bits so the miracle that it runs on Mojave will end with Catalina, which doesn't run 32-bit binaries. You're very likely the only user left still running 2.4 on MacOS.
>
> You can of course hack away on invoice.scm in 3.6 if you like. Normally I'd say that was a suboptimal solution because you'd have to make a patch and reapply it with every upgrade after modifying it to accommodate whatever changes had been made to the report since the last upgrade. But since you don't upgrade much I guess that won't matter to you.
>
> Using the custom settings doesn't mean that you need to create a saved configuration for every invoice. You can create a template with the logo and whatever other formatting changes you like and save that, then open it and make further changes in the options as needed for individual invoices.
>
> Notice that the Layout tab also has a block at the bottom for entering custom CSS where you might be able to add the space in the amounts and can certainly adjust the table spacing. Mind, however, that I don't use invoices at all and can't give you more specific guidance. Perhaps others here can.

I am trying to create a Style Sheet following the documented directions and find that color changes are applied correctly but changing (for example) the Title font has no effect.  Does anyone know how I can change the title font or font size?  This worked back in 2.4.

Incidentally, the problem of the missing space between the currency and number is introduced by setting the Apple Locale.  Before setting this there is a space (but also the wrong decimal and thousands separator) and after setting Apple Locale the space disappears but I get acceptable decimal and thousands separator.

Does anyone have any idea how I might force a space between the currency and value in an invoice table?  Is there some html or css somewhere I can tweak?  I am happy to do whatever hackery is necessary and live without updates.

Thanks,

- Axel

--
Axel Essbaum