[GNC] Issue with adding transactions afterwards

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 06:03:54 EDT 2019

> On 31 Aug 2019, at 10:38, Petra Pynnönen <petra.pynnonen at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> I'm doing the accounting of association and I got a small issue because there's one transaction I forgot to add in 02.04.2019. Is there any possibility to add it afterwards without having to alter all the transactions after that date or do I have to start it all over? It would require a lot of work alter them all one by one, because there are over 200 transactions after that date.
>
> Please if you know what could I do, send me an email to petra.pynnonen at hotmail.com<mailto:petra.pynnonen at hotmail.com>
>
> Best regards,
> Petra Pynnönen

Hi, Petra.

There’s no reason why you shouldn’t enter transactions in any order, except if you’ve “Closed” the books for the financial year the transaction belongs to.

If this is the case, you can delete the year-end transactions and “Close” the books again to correct the year-end figures.

Why do you think you would have to alter all the transactions after 02.04.2019?

Regards,

Michael