[GNC] how to migrate data to new computer

D sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 8 21:36:39 EST 2019

The short answer is: "No."

Gnucash data files end with ".gnucash" Gnucash *settings* files use gcm.

Go back to the first machine and locate the file named {MYACCOUNTS}.gnucash (usually in your home directory) and copy that. Note that you should not look for MYACCOUNTS, but rather the file name you chose.

I believe this issue is covered in the wiki somewhere.

David T.