[GNC] Problems organizing accounts to process reimbursement of expenses

Daffy Duck suffsuccotash at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 02:33:23 EST 2019

Hello,

I'm trying to set up an account scheme that adequately tracks expenses
that the business reimburses me for due to using a home office.  This
is separate from using a business credit card, because only a portion
is reimbursable.

The relevant accounts in my personal book are:

Checking account - account type bank

Expense debt - account type asset (since it's owed to me)

Business expense paid personally - Expense

Credit card - credit card

---

Whenever I pay certain bills, I annotate in Business expense paid
personally, and it's transferred from expense debt account(expense debt
decreases as expenses increase)

This was working fine, but when I was reimbursed for my expenses to my
checking account, I had it transfer between expense debt, so it would
decrease the amount that the business owes me.

The problem is, it's already in the negative as its listed as an
asset(expense debt), so the reimbursement payment just increases the
amount of that, going the opposite way I'm trying to go.

Instead of the business debt being $437 and I get reimbursed for $437
and make it 0, it's listed as -$437 and after the reimbursement hits,
it's -$874.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thank you,