[GNC] ninja check failing

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Mon Dec 23 17:07:13 EST 2019

Aminul,

ninja check will build the libraries and then run a set of unit tests. The
latter are mainly of use to the developers. It can be that a change to an
underlying library may be causing a unit test to fail. Not sure in this case
what it is that is causing the problem.  If you run

ninja
and then
sudo ninja install

ninja will not run the unit tests and should complete the build. The other
alternative is to try building using make

make check
on my Linux Mint 19.3 (18.04 based) system builds the libraries and passes
all tests (including the ones that failed under ninja except for
8 - test-date-utilities (Failed).
Both 36 test-qof  and 59 test-gnc-numeric complete without failure.  It may
also be that you have an outof date version of one of the libraries GnuCash
uses installed.  Check the installed versions against the dependcies listed
in the Release notes for 3.7or the lists on the WIki page
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Dependencies (dpkg -l | grep <string>  will
list installed packages matching the name <string>. It is usually a good
idea to use a generic part of a library name as the <string>.  e.g  for lthe
curl library it is generally easier to search for curl rather than being too
specific as libraries may have different names on different distros and
sometimes include a version number.)

It is likely this is a problem with the test code or an obscure part of the
code as dates are rendered correctly on my system for everything I use
regularly.

Hope this helps

David Cousens

-----